Friday, November 20, 2015

China on alert for Japanese moves in S.China Sea

China on Friday said it remained on high alert for intervention by Japan in the South China Sea issue, especially after the Japan's military return to the region.

Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei made the remarks at a routine press briefing in response to a question regarding Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's latest comments on the South China Sea issue.

  • According to reports, Abe told US President Barack Obama on Thursday that Tokyo would consider dispatching its Self-Defense Forces to patrol the South China Sea.
"China firmly safeguards navigation freedom of various countries in the South China Sea in accordance with international laws," Hong said.

"China is strongly against any country using the excuse of navigation freedom to engage in activities threatening the sovereignty of other nations," he said.

At the end of World War II, China recovered islands in the South China Sea that had been occupied by Japan during the war, Hong said.

"Japan should remember and reflect upon history," he said. 

  Source:Xinhua-Global Times
21/11/15 
--
-
Related:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only News