Friday, December 16, 2016

Evacuation from Aleppo suspended after explosion heard

The Syrian government has suspended an operation to evacuate civilians and terror/fighters from the last terror/rebel-held parts of Aleppo, accusing the opposition of violating the deal.


An AFP correspondent heard gunfire and explosions in Ramussa, the government-held neighbourhood that evacuees had been passing through, and said buses and ambulances waiting to collect residents had left empty.

"The evacuation operation has been suspended because the militants failed to respect the conditions of the agreement," the security source told AFP.

"The terrorist groups violated the agreement and tried to smuggle heavy weapons and hostages from east Aleppo," state television said.
 [rte.ie]
16/12/16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only News