Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Palestinians reject reports of Saudi pressure on Abbas

Mahmoud Abbas
Palestinian officials have rejected a report by an Israeli news outlet that said Saudi Arabia ordered Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to accept a US peace initiative or resign.


Israel's Channel 10 carried the report on Sunday, shortly after an unplanned visit by the Palestinian leader to Saudi Arabia last week.

A spokesperson for Abbas' Fatah party, Osama Qawasmeh, told Al Jazeera the report was not true and that the Palestinian president's meeting with Saudi officials had gone well.
 [aljazeera.com]
 14/11/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only News