Hundreds of schoolboys who were kidnapped in northwestern Nigeria nearly a week ago have been released, a local official said late on Thursday, prompting joy and relief for families that had been praying for the boys’ safe return.
Katsina state Governor Aminu Bello Masari said in a televised interview with state channel NTA that 344 boys held in the Rugu Forest in neighbouring Zamfara state had been freed.
“I think we have recovered most of the boys,” he said.
Al Jazeera has been unable to independently verify the figure and it was not immediately clear if all the boys who were kidnapped had been released...
-

No comments:
Post a Comment
Only News