Thursday, May 20, 2021

Moscow Says Escalation Of Tensions In East Ukraine Shows Kiev Open To Military Option - UrduPoint


A recent rise in violence in Donbas shows that the Ukrainian government is still open to a military solution to the years-long standoff with its eastern breakaway region, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Andrey Rudenko said Thursday.

"We see Ukraine taking a tough line on Donbas and trying to rewrite the Minsk accords and basically change the order [in which agreements are implemented]. But last month's flare-up in Donbas showed that a military option is apparently still there ... on the table," he said on the sidelines of the Valdai discussion forum in Kazan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only News