Saturday, September 24, 2022

Number Of Deaths In Shipwreck Off Syrian Coast Reaches 88

The number of deaths from the crash of a ship with migrants off the coast of the Syrian province of Tartus has risen to 88, the Syrian Health Ministry said on Saturday.

"The death toll has risen to 88, and 14 people are still in hospital, including two in serious condition," the ministry said.

According to Syrian media, the ship left Lebanon to reach Cyprus earlier this week, with Syrian, Lebanese, and Palestinian nationals on board, as well as people with unknown citizenship.

One survivor said the total number of passengers was around 150, according to media reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only News