German Federal Prosecutor's Office said on Wednesday it detained another suspect in connection with Nord Stream pipeline blast case.
"This morning (August 19, 2026), the German Federal Prosecutor's Office, acting on the basis of a European arrest warrant issued by the investigating judge of the Federal Supreme Court on June 3, 2024, initiated the arrest of Ukrainian citizen Vladimir Z. in Pula, Croatia, by forces of the local police department, coordinated by the Zagreb General Police Headquarters," the Prosecutor General's Office said in a press release.
The suspect Vladimir Z., detained in Croatia, was part of a group led by Ukrainian citizen Serhii K., who was charged with the involvement in the Nord Stream blast in June, the German Prosecutor General's Office said.
"He was part of a group of individuals formed around the separately pursued Serhii K., which in September 2022 planted explosive devices on the Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2 gas pipelines near the island of Bornholm," the statement said.
The Ukrainian suspect detained in Croatia on Wednesday in connection with the Nord Stream pipeline explosions will appear before the Federal Court of Justice in Germany after extradition from Croatia, the German Federal Prosecutor's Office said.
GR
FR
DE
ES
IT
RU
EU
A Ukrainian citizen presumed to be involved in the explosions of the Nord Stream and Nord Stream 2 gas pipelines has been detained in the Croatian city of Pula, according to a statement from the German Prosecutor General's Office.
ReplyDeleteThe individual, identified as Vladimir Z., is suspected of participating in an orchestrated act of sabotage, including the use of explosives to damage critical infrastructure.
A Ukrainian man was arrested Wednesday in Croatia on suspicion of taking part in the bombing of the Nord Stream gas pipelines between Russia and Germany in 2022, German prosecutors said.
ReplyDeleteThe Federal Public Prosecutor’s Office said the suspect, Volodymyr Zhuravlyov, a trained scuba diver, was arrested in Pula, Croatia, and was “strongly suspected of jointly causing explosions.”
The man, who was only partially identified in the statement, but who has been previously named after an earlier arrest in Poland, was detained on a European arrest warrant and Germany was seeking his extradition.
DeleteCroatian police confirmed an arrest but said they were still working to confirm the identity of the detainee.
“The Istrian (regional) police arrested an individual this morning at a tourist facility in the Pula area,” a coastal city in northwestern Croatia, police stated in a written response to AFP.
Un ucraniano que supuestamente participó en el atentado contra los gasoductos Nord Stream fue detenido en la ciudad croata de Pula, informó la Fiscalía General de Alemania.
ReplyDeleteSegún la investigación, el detenido por orden de arresto europea es un buzo profesional y supuestamente formó parte del grupo de personas que colocaron explosivos en los gasoductos cerca de la isla de Bornholm, en el mar Báltico, participando en las inmersiones.
Se prevé que el detenido sea entregado a las autoridades alemanas y comparezca ante un juez de instrucción.